Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Crystal Castles


A few months ago I was introduced to the electronic-type instrumental duo Crystal Castles, by a friend who much like myself, has an awesome eclectic taste in music.

After hearing they would be playing a show in Tokyo I did my best to convince anyone I knew to come with me. Since most people had no idea who or what I was talking about the task at hand proved quite the mission. I did eventually manage to persuade some friends to accompany me to last nights gig in Shibuya.

They kicked off at 7pm and played a few singles i recognised and some I didn't to a crowd of "alternate indie electro" Japanese kids, with a few foreigners thrown in the mix.
Just imagine something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=AOC4h5vVnMk


Where the crowd are dressed like this: (only Japanese)



Throw in a couple o' hundred pairs of these Ray Ban style glasses- in neon colours:


And you've got yourself last nights show.


I was a little disappointed after I staggered outside- limping, after making the very poor decision to wear sandals to the event, to find that the show had only lasted an hour. Considering the price of the tickets I thought this was a little unsatisfactory. That being said, the hour they did play was awesome.

Unfortunately, they took my camera off me at the door so I have no other proof than the Crystal Castles t-shirt I'm currently sporting.

You can check out their official music video here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6p8d8_crystal-castles-crimewave-new-offic_music

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to go, but it was too expensive! Shows here are so expensive, huh? Crystal Castles wouldn't ever be more than 25 dollars back home.

NEVER WEAR SANDALS!!!

Nice blog!